Outfitter Nepal offers not only Trekking, expedition, Rafting, Tour, Sight seeing, Safari and adventure Trips but also an opportunities to live and work with Nepali people in Nepal's remotes villages. Outfitter Nepal donates some percentage of its profit to "Samudayik Tuki Nepal" on yearly basis as outfitter Nepal is the main supporter of the organization. Samudayik Tuki Nepal is a community based social organization which is working on Dhading district of Nepal and it has run various projects in various field to uplift the back warded people.
So, we welcome you to volunteer for those projects run by samudayik Tuki Nepal.
During volunteering you will stay in Nepali family so you will a 0pportunitity to learn about Nepali society and culture.
In this program you can choose to work in health posts or camp. The Health posts have very poor medical equipments so you better to manage the medical equipments yourself.
In the health camps you work as instructor and give speech about diseases.
We organize health program in the rural area on Nepal where, there is not any government health institution or have very poor institution, Where Many rural Nepali people are unable to use modern health services because of superstition and other cultural influences. Some Nepali people may visit a witchdoctor when they are Sick, some die as a result of avoiding modern medications.
So, Outfitter Nepal welcomes all interested and health personnel, students, professionals, organizations and associations to volunteer their services in our Rural Village.
We provide you an opportunities to live with farmers in Rural Village in Dhading which will let you experience how The Nepali people Work and Grow Different Crop in Different Season.
Cost: 140USD per week (US$20 per day) per person.
60% of the cost goes to the family where you are stay during your Volunteer work for your expenses. And the other 40% goes to the "Volunteer House Building Project". As we have planned to build a House for the Volunteers and Saving Some Money to Build it because we don't want to make burden to the local families making them always looking after you. The cost will decrease once the volunteer house has been built. We know you’re donating your valuable time therefore we are trying to offer volunteering in best possible cost.
The cost includes meals, accommodation and transport by local bus During the Your volunteer Work.
you will be provided very Simple Accommodation, in the Nepalese traditional house, you will be provided a basic bed with a mattress and a blanket, although we recommend you to take your own sleeping bag.
Toilet will be very simple not flash one.
there is not facilities for Private Bathing In the village there are only the local spring water areas that are open and all the villagers use them and we recommend you to wear something at all times as Nudity is not acceptable
Nepali Food (Dal bhat) Will be provided twice a day (around 9am and 7pm but you can ask them if you want to eat late or early) Dhal Baht is set food with Rice, Lentils, Potato and/or Spinach. Tea is served in the morning and in the afternoon, either black or with cow or buffalo milk. We also offer popcorn, wheat, millet and corn breads around 3 PM in a day. You are welcome to cook in kitchen too, if you are non-vegetarian you can get local chicken in village too.
Please contact us for more information and to apply for the volunteer.